Garden Society in the News
November 4, 2019
October 9, 2019
August 27, 2019
August 15, 2019
August 12, 2019
July 16, 2019
May 12, 2019
April 25, 2019
March 12, 2019
February 11, 2019
October 5, 2018
July 18, 2018
April 23, 2018
January 12, 2018
- Our cannabis is sourced from our biodynamically farmed cultivation. We grow outdoor cannabis, using biodynamic practices.
- The cannabis concentrate is extracted using cold ethanol under pressure to ensure that all the original terpenes and cannabinoids remain. We believe full-spectrum cannabis is best, and never use distillate in any formulating.
- We also keep the lipids and phytocannabinoids in the extract because it improves the bioavailability (meaning absorbability) of the cannabis, and also encourages the entourage effect.
- The edibles are cannabinoid specific.
- Our Fruit Gelée and Spiced Dark Chocolate with Chili are infused with Sativa extract
- Our Milk Chocolate with Sea Salt are infused with an Indica, high CBD extract
- Our Rosette pre-rolls are full-flower and strain specific, sourced from our cultivation
- We worked with a Wine Country chef to develop our Fruit Gelée recipe. He ran the Michelin rated and James Beard award winning restaurant Gary Danko in San Francisco for 10 years, then was at Cyrus in Healdsburg (also Michelin rated) and is now a full-time chef at a winery in Healdsburg.
- We work with a local husband and wife chocolatier team to develop our recipes of our Milk
- Chocolate with Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate with Chili. They have an artisan bean to bar company called Volo Chocolate in Sonoma County. Prior to starting Volo, they were renowned chefs and owned multiple restaurants in Wine Country.
- Garden Society launched at Emerald Cup in 2016, under Prop 215.
- We are a licensed microbusiness based in Cloverdale, a small town in north Sonoma County, in the heart of wine country.
- Garden Society is a certified Benefit Corporation with a purpose to create products and education for women’s wellness.
Founder and CEO
Recently named one of the most powerful and innovative women in cannabis by Forbes, Erin Gore is founder and CEO of Garden Society, a California-based, cannabis-focused benefit corporation. Erin’s vision for Garden Society is to be the most positive and trusted cannabis brand for women by delivering exceedingly great products that turn down the daily chaos and turn up the joy. Garden Society creates artisanal edibles and sun-grown pre-rolls that connects responsible farming, sustainable ingredients and strain-specific cannabis in a variety of products.
Erin is an active member of the Northern California cannabis community, a cannabis-focused contributor to Green Entrepreneur, and a frequent speaker on the topics of cannabis and entrepreneurship. She’s a fearless advocate for women-owned cannabis businesses, and equally dedicated to breaking the stigma and rewriting the script around the plant.
Prior to Garden Society, Erin worked with her husband Tom on their joint venture with Constellation Brands on Tom Gore Vineyards, an award-winning farmer’s wine, and previously had a decade-long corporate career at Henkel, where she managed a global adhesive business valued at nearly $100 million.
Currently, she serves on the Board of the Healthcare Foundation Northern Sonoma County as well as the Healdsburg District Hospital Board of Directors, and International Cannabis Farmers Association. She is a member of the Sonoma County Growers Alliance and belongs to the Circular Board, a collaborative accelerator for women entrepreneurs. With a degree in Chemical and Biological Engineering from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Erin is also fluent in the science-based language of cannabis and production.
As co-founder and head of marketing for Garden Society, Karli’s communication and marketing prowess makes the brand shine. As a working mom and wife to a cancer survivor, she understands the positive wellness impact low-dose edible cannabis can have on the mind, body and soul.
Karli began her career in communication and marketing in the wine industry at a boutique PR agency in Napa, where she learned the ropes of pitching and building media relationships. While also expanding her wine education and knowledge, her interest in the wine business quickly deepened and lead her to explore other aspects of brand and event marketing. As her career progressed, she moved to Constellation Brands, the world’s leading wine company. There she emerged as a top-tier marketer, learning firsthand the importance of partnerships and cross-brand collaborations. Through thoughtful storytelling, pitching, and partnerships, Karli landed media coverage for brands in national media outlets including Today Show, Wall Street Journal, Wine Spectator and Food & Wine magazine.
While at Constellation, Karli helped launch a wine brand that, at the time, she didn’t know would eventually shift her career from wine to cannabis – this is when her Garden Society story began. In 2016, Karli reconnected with her former wine industry peer, Erin Gore, who had recently launched Garden Society, a cannabis company focused on women’s wellness. Shortly thereafter Erin asked Karli to join the Garden Society team to lead marketing and communication efforts. Together, Erin and Karli have quickly built a well-recognized luxury cannabis brand that has garnered the interest of Today Show, CNBC, Marie Claire, Los Angeles Times, Forbes and many more.
As she loved telling the story of wine—from vine-to-glass—Karli is even more passionate and personally touched in telling the Garden Society story, from seed-to-delectable confection.
For your convenience, we’ve included our logo and product photos below for use in press or trade materials.
*Garden Society retains rights to all logos and photos listed on this page. To be used for press or trade to promote Garden Society or Garden Society products. Some photos may have limited rights so permission is needed before using in large format.
If you're a looking for help with information or media inquiries, please email email@example.com or fill out the form below.