Recipe: Cannabis Popcorn Bites
Posted: April 20th, 2020
Popcorn bites made with cannabis infused chocolate are the perfect munchy sweet treat.
- 1 Package (8 squares) Garden Society Milk or Spicy Dark Chocolate
- 1 (3.29 oz) bag microwave popcorn*
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 Tablespoons + 2 Teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup broken pretzel sticks
- 1/2 cup dry roasted, salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup ‘Heath’ English Toffee Bits
*You can also use fresh popped popcorn, you’ll need 10 cups with
butter and salt to taste.
- Cook popcorn in microwave according to directions, about 2 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from bag and pour into a large bowl. Look for any un-popped kernels and remove.
- Add pretzels, peanuts and toffee bits to the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Place medium skillet on stove over medium low heat.
- Add butter and let melt. Add the marshmallows.
- When the marshmallows start to melt, stir with a heat resistant rubber spatula until they are all melted.
- Reduce heat to low. Add the GS Chocolate squares and keep stirring until they are fully melted into the marshmallows.
- Pour the chocolate marshmallow mixture over the popcorn mix. Use rubber spatula to get every bit out of the pan.
- Stir the marshmallow mix into the popcorn mix. Scrape from rubber spatula as it starts to stick.
- Making sure your hands are washed and clean. Rub your palms and fingers with the remaining 2 teaspoons of unsalted butter.
- Finish mixing the popcorn mix with your hands until fully combined. Gather the sticky popcorn mix and form into 16 equal balls. Each ball should be about 2 1/2 inches in diameter.